Intra-cluster Globular Clusters in a Simulated Galaxy Cluster
Using a cosmological dark matter simulation of a galaxy-cluster halo, we follow the temporal evolution of its globular cluster population. To mimic the red and blue globular cluster populations, we select at high redshift (z similar to 1) two sets of particles from individual galactic halos constrained by the fact that, at redshift z = 0, they have density profiles similar to observed ones. At redshift z = 0, approximately 60% of our selected globular clusters were removed from their original halos building up the intra-cluster globular cluster population, while the remaining 40% are still gravitationally bound to their original galactic halos. As the blue population is more extended than the red one, the intra-cluster globular cluster population is dominated by blue globular clusters, with a relative fraction that grows from 60% at redshift z = 0 up to 83% for redshift z similar to 2. In agreement with observational results for the Virgo galaxy cluster, the blue intra-cluster globular cluster population is more spatially extended than the red one, pointing to a tidally disrupted origin.
|Título según WOS:
|ID WOS:000423366800009 Not found in local WOS DB
|Título de la Revista:
|IOP PUBLISHING LTD
|Fecha de publicación: